Tuesday, March 06, 2007


Thanks to Melissa!

I have a new favorite website. It's www.walkjogrun.net.

It calculates distances in cities for you! You type in your zip code and get some pre-mapped out routes (mainly created by runners and bikers). Or you can create your own. It's fairly user friendly and you can save your routes. It doesn't count elevation.

Our house to grocery- .3 miles all uphill!
Our house to my office-2.8 miles
My office to UW gym-1.3 miles
From the UW bus stop to the gym- .5 miles
Our house to bus stop- also .3 miles all uphill!

How far is it from your house to the grocery store? To work? To the park?

1 comment:

earnshavian said...

Hi there SuperHenrys! I'm the guy who built and owns WalkJogRun. Thanks for the mention and I'm glad you like it. The elevation for your route is recorded but I just offer descriptions of whether it is slightly hilly, really hilly or pretty flat. To see this, click on a pin that represents a route and it will summarize the route and give you the text description of the hills plus a number. The higher the number, the hillier the route. Some older routes don't have the elevation because I added the feature around the summer of last year so all routes since then will have it.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any ideas for the site so I can make "fairly user friendly" into super user friendly! Keep on running and look for the training diaries in the next couple of weeks...