Wednesday, March 26, 2008


I got a job!!

Yes! It's true, despite not quite being done with school, and my ever annoying thesis, I am now officially a transportation planner. I have been hired by the City of Seattle as an Associate Transportation Planner on the Transit Team. I am part of the Policy and Plan Implementation Team, which means I get to help with fun projects like Metro's bus rapid transit Rapid Ride, and connecting Seattle neighborhoods with more transit.

I will also be doing what's called transportation demand management (TDM), which basically means fun marketing campaigns to persuade people that they don't need to drive their cars, especially alone, especially to work.

This picture is the building I will work in, the Seattle Municipal Tower. It is the fourth tallest building in Seattle at 722 ft. (the black building next to it is the Columbia Tower Alicia recently wrote about. My cube will be on the 38th floor. Thanks to everyone who's helped me and given me support on this crazy adventure!

Well, now back to the thesis. I will start writing something this week. Wish me luck. Brian

7 comments:

Emily said...

CONGRATULATIONS BRIAN! I'm so proud of you. I knew you would get a kick ass job. And now instead of only preaching to me about not using alternative transportation, you can do that to all of Seattle. Can't wait to see you tomorrow Alicia! Love!

Mrs. Olson said...

Congrats from the other sister, too.

brit! said...

congrats brian! maybe when you're done making seattle's transportation perfect, you could fix the chaos that rochester calls "public transportation."
:)

Anonymous said...

That's so great, Brian! Congratulations! The work you are doing is so important. I can't wait to hear more about it.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if I could get a job in Seattle. I would love to move west. This "summer of 2008" it has rained every, yes really, every afternoon, with lighting(thatis whipped cream) and thumder(that is a cherry) on top. So wierd. I know I could get use to the heat again. Looks like great fun. I'm ready to start a new life. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

You are the son I always dreamed you would become with a wife like Alicia by your side. I am so Proud of you. Thanks be to all the wonders of God who smiles upon all of us. Amen.

Anonymous said...

You are the son I always dreamed you would become with a wife like Alicia by your side. I am so Proud of you. Thanks be to all the wonders of God who smiles upon all of us. Amen.