Wednesday, August 20, 2008





Danskin Triathlon!

I did my first triathlon last weekend. Even though I heard thunder when I woke up (rare for Seattle), the weather was perfect for the event (70's and sunny). For our women, it was an amazing event. All but one woman finished adn they were all smiles at the end! For me, I went in my age group (not the survivor wave) and thought I'd catch up with some of the women. But most of them beat me! The swim in Lake Washington was beautiful but my goggles kept filling up with water. The run was way easier than I thought it'd be.

I did it in 1:30:25.

Alrighty. You asked for embarssing photos. Here they are. The bottom photo is a training photo. We often swam in Lake Washington off of Seward Park.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't be more proud of you Alicia! Way to go!

Love you!
Emmy

Waage said...

Congratulations! To you and your crew. Miss you--hope all is well!