Tuesday, January 22, 2008




Snowshoeing 08 is well underway. Yesterday Alicia and I went to Snoqualmie with some of our friends to celebrate Martin Luther King Day. It was gorgeous and sunny, but very cold. The sunny weather made for amazing views. Hiking in the snow is wonderfully peaceful and quiet. It makes everything seem more remote and tranquil. I also went snowshoeing last weekend, this time a little further down I-90. These last two weeks have made me realize I must invest in snow pants. I have about 3 hours before I begin to soak through, which is ok except when playing in the snow and sliding/falling down steep hills. The snow is always very deep, usually a few feet of powder. So tomorrow I will shop for drier pants because we are off to Steven's Pass this weekend for more snowshoeing. Yeah!

No comments: